CANNT-ACITN invites you to join us in Edmonton in 2019!
Abstracts are currently being accepted for ORAL and POSTER presentations for CANNT-ACITN 2019 – “Sharing Our Stories Down By the River”. This annual national meeting of the Canadian Association of Nephrology Nurses and Technologists will be held October 24–26, 2019 in Edmonton. Abstract submissions should incorporate the theme—sharing our knowledge and experience—appropriate for the novice through to the advanced practice professional. Topics of interest may include: clinical research, innovative projects and solutions, ethics, case presentations and clinical reviews. All abstract submissions must be evidence-based.
Consistent with our theme, all poster and oral presenters will be encouraged to make their presentation within a story-telling framework.
Topics of interest may include: clinical research, innovative projects and solutions, ethics, case presentations and clinical reviews. All abstract submissions must be evidence-based. Please consult the list of leading edge topics for possible areas of interest.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Deadline: February 15, 2019
All abstracts must be submitted online as an uploaded attachment in Word.
Submissions must include the following:
1) Abstract Title
- must accurately reflect the content of the presentation
- must be formatted in sentence case (capitalize first word and remaining words begin in lower case)
2) Authors and Affiliations
- must be included under the title and formatted as follows:
Anne L. Smitha, Robert G. Jonesa,b.
aDepartment of Nephrology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON; bDepartment of Nephrology, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, AB.
Underline the name and initials of the presenter.
3) Abstract Text
- should be no longer than 250 words
- should be as informative as possible
- define all abbreviations the first time they appear in the abstract
- use only the generic names of drugs
- do not identify companies and/or products in the body or title of the abstract
If research-based, must include:
- purpose of study
- implications for nephrology care
If practice/education-based, must include:
- purpose of the project
- implications for nephrology practice/education
LEADING EDGE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Mental Health and CKD
- Cardiovascular Disease and CKD
- Future Directions of CKD and Treatment
- Pregnancy with Renal Disease
- Ethics and Elderly Care
- Medical Assistance in Dying
- Technical Advances in Dialysis Equipment
- Home Therapies
Only COMPLETE submissions received by FEBRUARY 15, 2019 will be considered.
- All correspondence will be with the first author only.
- Acceptance of abstract does not waive attendance fees (registration, transportation, accommodations).
- Notification regarding selection decisions will be provided by April 1, 2019.
- Should the abstract be selected for presentation, the author(s) authorize(s) the publication of the abstract submitted for publication in the CANNT-ACITN Journal.
- The presentation shall not make comparison to companies or products for any purposes of product marketing, nor will topics or materials used discredit companies or products.
- The abstract, and associated authors, should make full disclosure of corporate employment and/or funding sources.
- Abstracts not in the required format will be returned to the author for revision.
- The language of abstract submission will be the language of presentation, if selected.
Submit Abstracts using the form below
DEADLINE: Abstracts must be received by February 15, 2019.